Mom Truths: Part 2
We have a new round of Mom Truths today on the blog. (You’ll find part one here) Maybe you can find something to relate, or at least just laugh at my own. Enjoy!
- These days when I watch episodes of Home Improvement, I find myself relating far too well to the parents instead of the kids. It’s terrifying. I feel it may be the same with Family Matters and Boy Meets World, but I’m just not ready to go there yet.
- Until children, I never thought I’d have to say things like, “Stop crying, clearly you are not a pretzel, don’t listen to your brother.”
- Sometimes after we put our littlest to bed, I army crawl along the floor past our oldest’ room so they don’t see me. Do I look silly? Maybe. Do I avoid another round of “Repeating-the-same-words-for-fifteen-minutes-until-they-think-of-another-question”? Yes. Yes I do. 😉
- Whenever I have deep thoughts in my head they always seem to be narrated by Meg Ryan reading her emails in You’ve Got Mail.
- Occasionally I’ve exclaimed, “Is daddy home?!” well before it was time just to see the kids run to the window and distract them from whatever crisis we were currently having.
- Last year we had coupons for 104 number one meals at Chick-Fil-A… I’m not even tired of it. What kind of addictive seasoning do they put in this food?!!?
- Anytime I go into Target I immediately start to believe my entire wardrobe and all my furnishings need updated immediately. I try to stay away from Target.
- Until my children, I never knew one could cry wails of anguish because said child wanted to tell their sibling “I love you.”
- Sometimes I get annoyed over my children’s fits about the color of their plate or their fork… Then I remember how my heart sinks if David takes the dark blue towel and I’m stuck with the light blue one. Maybe things don’t change much.
- I will never correct my son that it’s pajamas and not, “juh-mam-uhs” DON’T tell him!
“Say not, ‘Why were the former days better than these?’ For it is not from wisdom that you ask this.” Ecc. 7:10